Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Share a quilt with an Agatha storm victim

Here is the original post with instructions

First, I want to praise those who have responded! I cannot wait to get your quilts and hand them to families who may still be living in a shelter. I have even posted it to two of our churches and maybe more soon. Praying for more responses!



I admit I am a bit surprised at the slow response to this precious quilt drive. I know the quilt community is amazing, I wonder if it is the timing of the year... I know many are excited about school being out and summer being here). I wonder if it is the quick deadline... I have even offered future deadlines, because this will be an on going drive for these victims.

If anyone had advice on how to run this better, I am all ears!

We will take quilt tops! Quilts are being made here too. I have all my fabric ready I just am waiting to raise some funds for batting.

We will take your "ugly duckling" quilts. When you are cold and homeless, I do not think you will be picky about the color scheme of a hand made quilt (meaning machine or hand pieced). Your idea of an ugly quilt may be another person's idea of an awesome gift given freely and out of love!

I guess if needed, we'll take any orphan blocks! We can make a quilt by adding borders and such. We really want people to know they are loved and we think a quilt is an awesome way to show that love. Being wrapped in a quilt is like being hugged!

Thank you for your time and heart in Sharing Quilts,
Jackie

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to incorporate a hobby with charity! I'm sure these quilts will be cherished for years and days to come.


    www.aqsquiltnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jackie! Wish I could quilt but my thing has been knitting & crocheting afghans/ prayer shawls/ etc..... Let me know if you can use this. I have some quick patterns.
    Blessings on your project.

    ReplyDelete

We want to hear from you... Leave your comment here!